Course changes due to switch to online education
Because we will switch to online education in module 4, this course will change accordingly:
- Every student will receive an electronics kit (including an Arduino) to do assignments and practicals at home. We will send this kit to all students attending the course. Use this form to tell us your postal address. Update 20-4: all kits have been sent. Since they have bent sent in batches, delivery dates will vary. You will receive the kit the coming week. Read more in the FAQ.
- Working together on assignments and practicals will be allowed. However, results of assignments and practicals must be clearly unique (so for instance copying work of other students is not allowed). A plagiarism check will be part of the grading process.
- The grading will change: 9 assignments will determine the full grade (focus will be on checking whether you understood the learning goals).
- Assignments must be handed in (on Canvas), accompanied by a demonstration of the result (video). Additional verification will be done via a video chat on a selection of students.
- Lectures will be pre-recorded video lectures+lecture slides. We will give personal support on for instance assignments via a forum and (video) chats. Q&A sessions if needed.
- There will be no final exam.
- For project-groups, the use of Lego Mindstorms will be reduced. All Lego-related education will be replaced by Arduino-based subjects.
- For more information consult the central guidelines.
Disclaimer: Information given here is subject to change and will be final at the start of this course. Last update: 20-04-2020.
- Schedule 2020
- Checklist electronics kit
- Register your address to send the electronics kit to
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Java Cheat Sheet
- Instructions on submitting files
- Archive of Stackoverflow forum