Some things you could say about the technics of a page:
- Choose View > Source in your browser (or press CTRL+U) and try to figure out what tool is used to create the page (eg. WordPress, Dreamweaver, Muse)
eg. this will tell it is made with WordPress:
<meta name="generator" content="WordPress 5.2.3" />
- If WordPress is used, what’s the name of the theme? (scan the source for
.../wp-content/themes/xxx/...where xxx will be the name of the theme)
- If a template was used, scan the head. See if it contains the included stylesheet of the template. For example for a w3.css template:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/4/w3.css">
- If no template is used and the site is not build with WordPress, there is a good chance it is build in plain HTML + CSS. Then, you might be able to explain how the layout is made, for instance by using the Inspect function of your browser. Does it use div’s/nav/header/footer elements? How are these positioned?
- Does the Portfolio page use a gallery? If yes, what gallery?